Improve Productivity and Reduce Stress in the Office
We specialize in helping homeowners and business leaders organize their lives and offices in order to be more efficient, reduce stress in the office and at home, and be more productive. But when it comes to reducing stress in the office, there may be more that businesses can do – and reducing stress is a must for improved productivity and retention.
These trends should make you pay attention!
- More than 100 billion emails are sent each day.
- Employees are connected to their smartphones for work-related activities an average of 13 hours a day.
- Employees are spending a quarter of their day answering emails, most of which are not critical to the company’s goals.
- Social media, technology, and other messaging distracts employees for 759 hours a year.
- Unnecessary meetings consume up to 300,000 hours a year.
- People check their smartphones 150 times a day.
It is no surprise that the typical employee feels overwhelmed, incapable of balancing all of the demands, and frustrated with always-on employment. But these trends, according to the Global Evolving Workforce Study from Dell, are only going to become more challenging as the blend between work and personal continues.
We have to do things differently if we want to have healthy, happy and productive employees.
To create a healthier environment for your employees, we suggest you do these things:
- Open the lines of communication. Make sure your employees know you have an open-door policy and will listen to their concerns, suggestions, and ideas.
- Empower employees to make decisions, suggest improvements, and handle customer needs without needing approvals.
- Encourage breaks. Let employees use vacation time, take breaks, and freely move around the office.
- If you don’t have any, add live plants. They clean the air and reduce stress.
- Declutter and organize the office space. If you have an open work environment, be sure there are closed offices available for moments when your employees need quiet, uninterrupted space to work.
- Offer your employees solutions for organizing their own workspaces, but focus on the office or building as a whole, too.
Organizing Maniacs is committed to helping you organize your life. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you tackle your office organizing projects and improve your team’s productivity.